Samsung Mobile continues to drive the Smartphone market by setting a new standard for large screen devices.
The device has been in the conversations for many months but has finally been unwrapped at a special event in New York on August 2,2016.
Samsung unveiled the large-screen Galaxy Note 7 “Phablet” with a stylus pen on Tuesday.
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 has a number of noticeable key features which include:
- A slightly curved 5.7-inch display
- S Pen stylus
- Retina scanner to unlock the phone with your eyes as well as fingerprint scanner
- Water resistant display
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video streaming. Images shot in HDR essentially make the contrast between light and dark colours even more prominent so the white highlights are even brighter.
- OS Android 6.0.19(Marshmallow)
- 12-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel selfie camera
- 3,500 mAh,a 17 percent increase in battery capacity versus the Note 5
- Expandable storage up to 256 gigabytes
The Galaxy Note7 is equipped with the advanced camera that was introduced on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. In addition to 64GB of internal memory, the Galaxy Note7 offers expandable storage and micro SD support up to 256GB.
The Galaxy Note7 S Pen lets users write down their thoughts without interruption, even when the screen gets wet. It provides heightened security and privacy, with highly advanced biometric authentication with iris scanning technology. It will be available in Blue Coral,Gold Platinum,Silver Titanium and Black Onyx colours.
The demand for devices running on 6 GB of RAM has increased in the last few months so its launching is an attempt to capture the premium end of a slowing Smartphone market, boost profits and poach customers from rival Apple. Analysts said the release of Note 7 has continued that process and the company is now in a position to challenge Apple Company. It will certainly be appreciated by the masses.