Here we will discuss World Water Day quotes 2023. International World Water Day 2023 is celebrated every year on 22nd March 2022 in the whole world. The main objective to celebrate this day is to give attention and importance to the water and also throws light on the managements and organization of freshwater resources. In 1992, United Nations recommended that World Water Day should be celebrated. So United Nations General Assembly designating the 22nd March 1993 as the World Water Day.
Each year, on this day countries throws light on the importance of freshwater. The main objective and aim of this international day to give focus and importance on the fresh water. We would like to discuss the brief introduction or history of World Water Day. This international day was first proposed in Agenda 21 in the United Nations Conference in 1992. United Nations and its different member nations celebrate this day by arranging numerous activities and conferences regarding the awareness of water resources.
Moreover, there are many NGOs who are promoting the awareness of clean water and different aquatic habitats on this international day. Every year, World Water Council has drawn millions of people to participate in World Water Forum during the week of World Water Day.
There are many agencies and NGOs are participating for throwing light on the water issues. Furthermore, it is important that NGOs and agencies should create awareness among people regarding the use of water. Furthermore, for celebrating this day every year, United Nations launched or releases report i-e UN World Water Development Report. As we mentioned above that World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March so for our readers we would like to mention the best quotes for celebrating the World Water Day.
The best and popular quotes for World Water Day are as follows:
- Water is one of the most basic of all needs — we cannot live for more than a few days without it. And yet, most people take water for granted. We waste water needlessly and don’t realize that clean water is a very limited resource. More than 1 billion people around the world have no access to safe, clean drinking water, and over 2.5 billion do not have adequate sanitation service. Over 2 million people die each year because of unsafe water – and most of them are children! (Robert Alan Silverstein).
- As I travel around the world, people think the only place where there is potential conflict [over] water is the Middle East, but they are completely wrong. We have the problem all over the world. ( Kofi Annan)
- The destruction of aquatic ecosystem health, and the increasing water scarcity, are in my opinion the most pressing environmental problems facing human kind.( Maude Barlow)
- Water is being depleted many, many times faster than nature can replenish it. Maude Barlow
- The quality of water and the quality of life in all its infinite forms are critical parts of the overall, ongoing health of this planet of ours, not just here in the Amazon, but everywhere… The hardest part of any big project is to begin. We have begun. We are underway. We have a passion. We want to make a difference. (Sir Peter Blake)